Today I just finished up with the Super Jetroid game that was being made in conjunction with the Lynda course I was following. Today I finished the game up by adding enemies and a splash screen. As you can see the splash screen implements some basic animations and scripted effects such as the floating player.
There was one issue that I couldn’t figure out how to fix and that was in the case where there were two enemies on the same platform. According to the course they should have both turned away from each other if they collided, but in my case only one would turn away. I was unable to find a difference in the enemy setup, so I just opted for having one enemy per platform, however, eventually I’ll have to tackle this issue when I design some games from scratch without any tutorials.